Become A Member!
Visit Our Gallery:
WCAC Berlin Gallery
6 Jefferson Street
Berlin, MD. 21811
Visit Our Friends' Sites
- The Worcester County Arts Council will award scholarships of $1,000.00 each, to qualified students during the 2012-2013 school year.
- The Scholarship must be used for enrollment in an accredited college program for a degree in the arts. Scholarship moneys are limited to be used only for tuition and fees.
- The applicant must be a legal resident of Worcester County.
- The applicant must be graduating from high school in May 2013, or enrolled in an art program at an undergraduate level.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of artistic merit and artistic potential only. Financial need is not considered.
- Previous scholarship winners may re-apply provided they continue to meet the eligibility requirement. Individuals are restricted to winning the scholarship a maximum of (2) times.
- Applications must be submitted to the Worcester County Arts Council, Inc, 6 Jefferson Street, Berlin, MD 21811.
Application deadline is March 15, 2013, 2 pm.
No late or incomplete entries will be accepted.
- Applications must be typed or word processed. Those handwritten will not be accepted.
- Please be sure to complete the entire application form and ensure all accompanying materials are enclosed prior to mailing.
- Application must be supported by CD or DVD displaying samples of applicant's artistic work. Please follow the specific requirements included in the Guidelines.
- Applications must be accompanied by two (2) sealed letters of recommendation from art teachers, artists or professionals related to the arts who are familiar with the applicant's artistic work. Applications must also include an academic transcript (photocopies may be submitted).
- Applications will be reviewed by the Arts Council Scholarship Committee. Applicants should be available for an interview if requested.
- A Scholarship Award Certificate will be presented to the recipient(s) by a WCAC Board Member at the recipient's school senior award ceremony. Checks will be forwarded to the college or university when that information is provided by the scholarship winner(s)
- Winners are required to attend the WCAC Annual Membership Meeting on Sunday, June 9, 2013 at the Atlantic Hotel in Berlin.
To apply directly for the Worcester County Arts Council Scholarship, please download the following files:
ART SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
ART SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
Read the guidelines. Print out the application, complete and mail it to:
Worcester County Arts Council
6 Jefferson Street
Berlin, MD 21811